2013 was an exciting year for the Community Association of Oak Bay!
Some highlights include:
• April AGM with presentation by Kelly Gesner, contract planner, on “What is an Official Community Plan Anyway?”
• Unveiling of the Oak Bay Tourism/CAOB InfoBike trailer at Oak Bay Tea Party Parade.
• $1000 Community Access Grant received from the Municipality
• Bowker Creek Community Celebration and unveiling of “Coming Home” mosaic by Carolyn Knight on very rainy September day.
• Participation in many other events and committees by Directors and members of CAOB: Tourism, Park and Rec, Active Transportation, UVic Community Liaison Committee, Community Fair, Camus Day, Provincial Culture Crawl, and Great Canadian Shore-Line Clean Up
One disappointment was that were not able to produce a print copy of the 13th issue of the Oak Bay Connector distributed to 7000 households in Oak Bay in the Oak Bay News. Not enough advertising revenue was generated to cover the cost of publication. Your Directors are looking into alternative ways to distribute our newsletter.
2014 is going to be an interesting year in Oak Bay!
CAOB is executing a membership drive early this year. Annual dues are now payable. The Directors have approved a family and organization membership of $20 and the term of membership will now run for a year, from date of payment.
CAOB is planning forums in 2014 called “Community Conversations”. The first one is planned for January 25th, look for details on the Web or in the Oak Bay News.
The Official Community Plan renewal will dominate the press this year with the draft plan to be presented to the Community in early February.
Our AGM will be scheduled for early April. I will not be seeking re-election. Jill and I will continue with our efforts of administrating the affairs of the Community Association of Oak Bay. The Association is looking for two new Directors to serve a two year term. Please let me know if you are interested and I would be prepared to meet with you and discuss the scope of your involvement.