The most recent edition of the Oak Bay Connector is now available online. Click on Communicate – Oak Bay Connector Print Edition Archive.
Welcome to the first edition of the Oak Bay Connector for 2013. We hope you enjoy getting and reading these newsletters and look forward to contributions from the Community. There will be two more publications this year.
2012 was an amazing year for your Community Association and some of the highlights were:
- Directors and members of CAOB appointed to council committees: Tourism, Community Engagement Working Group, Active Transportation, and Environment.
- Co-hosted the Services Expo Fair held at Monterey Centre. It is planned to repeat the success of this event this fall with OB Parks and Rec.
- Published the Oak Bay Green Map. We thank everyone for their contributions to the success of this map. It has already gone to Africa with the United Nations. Our distributors Oak Bay Rec Centre, Monterey Rec Centre, Henderson Rec Centre and Oak Bay Volunteers still have maps available for sale for $5.00.
- Held the Bowker Creek Watershed Initiative Annual Celebration, the first time held in Oak Bay!
- Established four standing Committees; Official Community Plan, Special Events, Membership and Environment. If you are interested in joining one of these committees please let us know and join us.
- Held General Membership meeting which we hope to repeat again this year. Our guest speaker was architect Frank D’Amrosio who spoke on “Building a Community”.
- Many events are planned for 2013, check out www.caob.ca for the latest news.
I look forward to seeing you at our Annual General Meeting, Saturday April 6th from1-3 at Windsor Pavilion in Rotary Hall. “The Official Community Plan – What is it?” will be our guest speakers topic.
Tom Croft, President